#Job No. CB18.
Trainee Design Engineer (Junior/Graduate)
£24,000 to £25,000 + Pension + New Site + Free on site gym + 20 Days Holiday (increasing with service) + Bank Holidays + Training Opportunities
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours a week – Flexitime
Trainee Design Engineer required for a rapidly expanding and successful manufacturer. This is a fantastic opportunity for mechanical engineers who are looking to make their first step into the industry offering extensive training and development. The company are moving to a new state of the art site with free access to the on-site gym.
The successful design engineer will hold a recognised engineering qualification such as Mechanical Degree, HNC, HND or apprenticeship and be confident with mechanical design. Any previous experience or knowledge of designing section fabrication, sheet metals or hydraulics would be advantageous but this is not essential as training will be given.
You will be primarily designing mechanical equipment for clients specialising in offshore. There will be both re-modification and conceptual design, and you will be working on both full product machines and components. The role is primarily 3D using SolidWorks with some 2D.
This is an excellent opportunity to kick start your career with a small yet rapidly growing company.
The Graduate Design Engineer:
* Design section fabrication, sheet metals, plastics and hydraulics
* Working with both 2D and 3D packages
* Conceptual design and re-modification, both full products and components
* Varied role with exposure to different aspects of design
The Successful Graduate Engineer:
* Holding a recognised engineering qualification – Mechanical Degree, HNC, HND or apprenticeship
* Confident with both 2D & 3D packages, AutoCAD and Solidworks desirable but not essential