#Job No. RM503.
Transport Coordinator (Planning)
Monday to Friday, 2 shift pattern
£25,000 to £27,000 per annum + Great Benefits Package!
Transport Coordinator required for an established manufacturer. This is a great opportunity to join a busy centralised logistics team and take your next step into a fast paced career.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in transport planning/ coordination in ANY environment however those with experience in a centralised site will be highly advantageous. You will be computer literate and have experience of using transport planning and MRP softwares.
You will work within a centralised team to efficiently plan and allocate collections and deliveries to sites across the UK. You will be primarily office based liaising with suppliers, 3PL and key points of contact at each site to maximise internal and external product movements. You will help to create reports on any late deliveries, transport related complaints and monitor any communication regarding bookings.
The company are the largest service provider in their industry in the UK and can offer long term career stability. This is a brand new role due to growth and the successful candidate will receive internal training on their bespoke systems.
* Planning and allocating collections and deliveries for sites across the UK.
* Monitor bookings, late deliveries and complaints.
* Using internal transport planning software’s to plan haulage movements.
* Liaising with key suppliers, hauliers, customers and internal staff.
* Working a 2 shift pattern Monday to Friday.
The Transport Co-Ordinator:
* Previous experience in a transport/ logistics or planning role.
* Confident using Excel/ ERP/ MRP systems.
* Strong communicator both over the phone and in person.
* Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.