#Job No. RM466.
Works Manager (Production/Precision/Manufacturing)
Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4.30pm, Friday 7.30am to 12.30pm
£35,000 to £45,000 per annum + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Works Manager required for a well established precision engineering company. This is a great opportunity to join a stable operation and help to improve processes and procedures on site.
The successful candidate will be an experienced works/ production manager from any Precision, CNC, Aerospace or similar mechanical engineering background. You will have previous experience of working with either Excel or MRP/ERP systems and ideally be comfortable working to ISO 9001 quality standards. You will ideally have previous managerial experience however those in a senior or lead role will also be considered.
Your role will be to manage the day to day running of the work shop. You will be responsible for a team of 18 long standing shop floor staff including operatives and machinists, and carry out tool box talks. The company have recently invested in a new MRP system and so you will also be largely responsible for planning of workloads production schedules.
The company are well established in their industry and have longs standing relationships with a number of high profile automotive and aerospace companies in the area.
* Managing 18 staff day to day.
* Working to implement the new MRP system.
* Planning and organising the production schedule.
* Improving existing production processes across site.
* Working to ISO 9001 quality standards.
The Works Manager:
* Ideally from a Precision/CNC background, however candidates with other experience are encouraged to apply.
* Ability to read complex engineering drawings.
* Comfortable working with Excel/ MRP/ERP systems.