#Job No. RM568.
£50,000 to £60,000 per annum
Works Manager required for a luxury products manufacturer. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a senior member of a successful management team and help to take the team and business to the next level.
The successful candidate will be an experienced workshop/ engineering manager from a fabrication (steel/ brass) or machined components manufacturing or workshop environment. You will have a strong working knowledge of P + L within your department and have a good commercial background dealing with suppliers and clients, purchasing and resolving product quality issues.
Your role will be key to the development of the company and this department as you help to take it to the next level. You will work alongside a fantastic senior management team and will be in charge of running the engineering and workshop function of the business including all commercial aspects, P & L, client relations and new product development. You will monitor H & S and quality within engineering and have a genuine passion to grow the department. Although you’ll have overall management of the department, as this is a small team you’ll need to be happy with getting hands on when required.
The company are well established in their industry and supply the high end market with luxury products.
* Managing the Engineering department/ Workshop.
* Managing departmental budgets, stock control and CAPEX projects.
* Supplier and client management.
* New Product development & Quality Control in relation to engineering.
* Split between the office and workshop floor.
The Works Manager in brief:
* Experienced Engineering/ Workshop manager from a fabrication/ machine shop environment.
* P & L understanding and responsibility.
* Able to read from engineering drawings.
* Strong H & S knowledge.
* Commercial experience dealing with clients and suppliers.
* Forward thinking, able to influence change.